The pulsating electromagnetic field of the BEMER-therapy can ease the symptoms by means of improving metabolic functions and also affect the future course of the illness in a positive manner.
Some of the excellent results BEMER therapy has achieved with rheumatic illnesses are documented in some European research, which included about 300 cases of rheumatic disease. BEMER therapy was consistently successful in significantly reducing inflammation and pain!
Further deterioration of cartilage can be reduced and in the most favourable cases a regeneration of the cartilage can be stimulated through the activation of "repair proteins".
Often, severe cases of degenerative and chronic rheumatic diseases call for long-term therapy with low frequency electromagnetic fields.
The positive effects of low frequency electromagnetic fields on metabolic functions of the bone and the entire skeletal support system have been proven in several scientific examinations and the basic principles on which they work are well known:
- Regulation of the metabolism of minerals, especially calcium, which is of significance for the building of bone structure and proper function of muscles.
- All-over activation of the metabolism improves excretion of acids stored in the tissues which can be further enhanced with appropriate diet and food supplements.
- In addition, anti-inflammatory enzymes are activated, and the production of “repair proteins" is stimulated, which is of significance for the regeneration processes of several type tissues.
- • Another important point is the stabilisation of the immune system, which is usually compromised during chronic inflammatory processes. The effects of low frequency electromagnetic fields are many- fold (e.g. activation of macrophages, t-lymphocytes, building of anti-bodies, and decrease of auto-immune reaction) as well as the support the self-healing powers of the body.
- The improved circulation is of special significance for treating muscle tension (e.g. Neck and shoulders).
- Hormonal balances are harmonised through central and peripheral effects, which is beneficial for overall well-being as well as metabolism in the bones.
By means of a balanced co-operation of the factors mentioned above, inflammatory processes can be reduced, pain and movement limitations can be improved and often the entire course of the illness can be influenced in a positive manner.
Information about Rheumatism
The world health organization (WHO) defines rheumatism in very general terms:
The term rheumatism encompasses all painful disturbances of movement as well as illnesses of the connective tissues and support structures, which can lead to the appearance of chronic symptoms.
The human body has about 400 skeletal muscles, 215 bones, and 100 joints – therefore the occurrence of rheumatic disorders is relatively high. The international classification of diseases (ICD) classifies about 300 to 500 different illnesses within the family of rheumatic diseases. At times, medical classification presents numerous difficulties, because of complex inter-relationships and limited knowledge of causes and precise mechanisms.
Generally speaking, infections, misuse, injuries, immune deficiencies, and incorrect diet can be among the contributing factors.
© Akademie für Bioenergetik - www.afb-us.com